<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://geneageek.uk/blog

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Geneageek: Oh, Chrysler!

Sunday 7 July 2013

Oh, Chrysler!



A couple of years ago, I posted the above picture of my grandmother's family enjoying a roadside picnic in front of a 'mystery mobile'. (The original post can be seen here).

When my 'car-brained' brother came to visit a little while ago, I recruited him to help me find out more about the car in the picture.  After much google searching, we believe the car to be a 1927/28 Chrysler Imperial 52 coupe.  For comparison, here are some other pics of this model:

source: 'Antique Automobile Club of America' forums

source: Hemmings Motor News (Reader's Rides)
I also found this vintage (American) advertisement on the 'Imperial Club' website:

source: Imperial Club

(zoom of the '52'):


I'm pretty sure this is the right one but I welcome any corrections or other information.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home